By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - I, a Wii owner, charge all 360 owners with this...

Buy Too Human.

If you never played Eternal Darkness, it was awesome, with fun (though admittedly easy) gameplay and an awesome, awesome storyline which actually had my friends and I talking about it afterwards.

I know some people consider Dyack a bit of a flake, but this game is his baby and you're lucky to have it on your console. I don't know why you bought your 360, but if ED and MGS:TS were any indication, you'd be robbing yourself of an excellent experience if you don't pick this up upon release.

SK is a good company and they deserve your patronage. If you were on the fence, I hope this will sway you into at least a rental. I'm certain this one won't disappoint. 

"I mean, c'mon, Viva Pinata, a game with massive marketing, didn't sell worth a damn to the "sophisticated" 360 audience, despite near-universal praise--is that a sign that 360 owners are a bunch of casual ignoramuses that can't get their heads around a 'gardening' sim? Of course not. So let's please stop trying to micro-analyze one game out of hundreds and using it as the poster child for why good, non-1st party, games can't sell on Wii. (Everyone frequenting this site knows this is nonsense, and yet some of you just can't let it go because it's the only scab you have left to pick at after all your other "Wii will phail1!!1" straw men arguments have been put to the torch.)" - exindguy on Boom Blocks

Around the Network

God Eternal Darkness was a great game. If any game deserved a port, remake, or a sequel it would be that game. I haven't seen too much about Too Human but I'll definitely give it a look.

Too Human is one of the few games I'll buy a 360 for that and Halo..... after of course i manage to actually see a Wii at a store...

ED is actually a smaller piece of the TH engine.

And you'll note that, rather than give the typical fanboy banter of "It's not on my console so it's bad.", I'm perfectly willing to give TH all the credit it deserves and more.

"I mean, c'mon, Viva Pinata, a game with massive marketing, didn't sell worth a damn to the "sophisticated" 360 audience, despite near-universal praise--is that a sign that 360 owners are a bunch of casual ignoramuses that can't get their heads around a 'gardening' sim? Of course not. So let's please stop trying to micro-analyze one game out of hundreds and using it as the poster child for why good, non-1st party, games can't sell on Wii. (Everyone frequenting this site knows this is nonsense, and yet some of you just can't let it go because it's the only scab you have left to pick at after all your other "Wii will phail1!!1" straw men arguments have been put to the torch.)" - exindguy on Boom Blocks

Too human is on my list to buy.

Around the Network

I've got to research TH more before I decide to buy it.

However, from what I've seen, I might get it.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Ive seen wi's in gamestop now right after I saw it in best buy a month ago alot of wii's not many people buying them..

mM
leo-j said:
Ive seen wi's in gamestop now right after I saw it in best buy a month ago alot of wii's not many people buying them..

Hey, stop derailing my thread! This is about Too Human, not the Wii. 

mrstickball said:
I've got to research TH more before I decide to buy it.

However, from what I've seen, I might get it.

Let me put it this way: the gameplay could be awful (not to say it will be, but hypothetically), but I can guarantee that the story will be so entrancing that you wouldn't even care.

ED's gameplay was easy, once you knew how to handle the various situations, but it still proved challenging enough to be engaging, and the atmosphere and story were excellent.

I have no doubt that TH will see the same polish.

Early on this game looked like it was in bad shape and there hasn't been enough new info about it. It's very ambitious and if it works out well it could be right up there with Gears, Halo and Mass Effect as defining 360 franchises.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

That's why I'm here: I realize odds are that most 360 owners never played a SK game before, but I can vouch that ED and MGS: Twin Snakes were both excellent games with immense amounts of polish.

And consider that I'm breaking the cardinal rule of "It's not on my console so I hate it." because I think SK is just THAT good.

Would I have liked to see TH on the Wii? Of course, but I'm not so childish as to wish anything but success for SK because they opted to go with a different console.